A Great Event for Navarro Descendants
And Historical Buffs
We have been invited to participate in the Texas Veterans Parade on May 18th in Corsicana, Texas. Two Corsicana heroes are being honored: Candelario “Spider” Garcia, medal of honor recipient and José Antonio Navarro, Texas Patriot and for the city and county being named in his honor. Parade begins at 10:00 am on Saturday, May 18th.
- Descendants ride on a float with the DAR.
- Arrive at 9:00 am at the Navarro County Court House to the other side from Navarro statue.
- A photo will be taken of descendants in front of the Navarro Bronze. The photo is planned to be taken before the parade.
- Attire: wear white
- There is a Medal of Honor Dinner the night before that is open to any descendants that might want to attend. The cost will be $45.00 each or less.
- Corsicana Hotels: Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn and Best Western offer a discounted rate for veterans and Navarro descendants.
- See details on parade at: www.texasveteransparade.com
- Please pass information to descendants that you think will be interested.
It will be great fun and a special honor to participate in the Navarro County celebratory parade! I will be attending! Please let me know if you can participate or if you have questions! I’ll send out more details as they are available. I hope you can participate! See you at the parade? 😄
Phone: Cell: (972) 841-1018